The Jossey-Bass Reader on Contemporary Issues in Adult Education
Primary: The Jossey-Bass Reader on Contemporary Issues in Adult Education.pdf - 21,799 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: The Jossey-Bass Reader on Contemporary Issues in Adult Education.pdf - 31,537 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: The Jossey-Bass Reader on Contemporary Issues in Adult Education.pdf - 36,298 KB/Sec
- Working with Emotional Intelligence
- On Dialogue (Routledge Classics) (Volume 76)
- Power/Knowledge: Selected Interviews and Other Writings, 1972-1977
- The Profession and Practice of Adult Education: An Introduction
- Education and Power (Routledge Education Classic Edition)
- Taking Sides: Clashing Views on Educational Issues (Taking Sides: Clashing Views on Controversial Educational Issues)
- Education and Power
- Philosophical Foundations of Adult Education
- Space, Knowledge and Power: Foucault and Geography
- Learning in Adulthood: A Comprehensive Guide
With contributions from leading experts in the field, The Jossey-Bass Reader on Contemporary Issues in Adult Education collects in one volume the best previously published literature on the issues and trends affecting adult education today. The volume includes influential pieces from foundational authors in the profession such as Eduard C. Lindeman, Alain Locke, and Paulo Freire, as well as current work from authors around the world, including Laura L. Bierema, John M. Dirkx, Cecilia Amaluisa Fiallos, Peter Jarvis, Michael Newman, and Shirley Walters.
In five sections, the book's thirty chapters delve into a wide range of compelling topics including:
social justice, democracy, and activism
diversity and marginalization
human resource development
the meaning and role of emotions
globalization and non-Western perspectives
the role of mass media, popular culture, and "social learning"
health, welfare, and environment
Each piece is framed within its larger context by the editors, and each section is accompanied by helpful reflection and discussion questions.